For Utilities and Vendors
Today’s remote terminal units (RTUs) are so much more than protocol converters. Yet, this is how they are often programmed and left. Points like, device failure, are often nebulous and sometimes don’t correspond to a single point in a connecting relay. This leads to SCADA operators having a miss or false representation of what is truly going on in the field. Additionally, so many RTUs when programmed have security holes and only leverage 10% of the functionality of that RTU.
Not only should RTUs be programmed with the right scaling and point maps the first time… they should also be programmed to increase the real-time visualization and monitoring for upstream SCADA operators, engineers, and even security analysts. RTUs when programmed properly offer so much more than just a protocol converter. Modern RTUs can also be programmed to:
- detect communications failures,
- detect and extract fault files of connected relays,
- send log information to a SIEM tool (i.e. VigilantGrid),
- send emails,
- serve as an access gateway for remote engineers to securely access relays,
- serve system wide or station HMI screens that including annunciators and station onelines,
- and so much more.
Our interdisciplinary team of power system engineers, communication engineers, and cybersecurity professionals seek to understand your specific challenges and then configure the RTUs to solve those challenges while maximizing the features and security.
Key Areas and Offerings
- AcSELerator RTAC
- NovaTech Orion NCD
- Line Protection
- Transformer Protection
- SEL RTAC HMI
- NovaTech SCADA HMI
- Buss Diff Protection
- Voltage Regulation and Protection